Can you believe that is has been 21 years since The Fugees released the album, The Score? That was definitely a landmark release. That set the blueprint for many Hip-Hop albums that came after that. Killing Me Softly is how a remake should be executed.
Additionally, Lauryn Hill’s solo effort, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was released 19 years ago. It is interesting that The Score and Miseducation are really the only two albums that Lauryn has released. She will always have a What if… cloud around her career, because she had the potential to become a generational-type artist.
I guess we will never know.
Nas has been in the game since 1994, and if you look at lists that rank the top MC’s of all time, he will be at or near the top of all of them.
Nas has released ten studio albums, and two collaboration projects. Actually, one of my favorites is Firm Biz from The Firm.
In case you forgot, Hill and Nas collaborated on the track If I Ruled The World.
Is that Whodini’s Friends in the background?
For all you fans out there, the Lauryn Hill And Nas Co-Headlining Tour will kick off September 7th in Chicago. They will hit the major areas of the US, and they will conclude the tour in Vancouver, Canada on October 11th.
- September 7th – Chicago, IL
- September 8th – Sterling Heights, MI
- September 10th – Toronto, Canada
- September 12th – Boston, MA
- September 14th – Camden, NJ
- September 15th – Bristow, VA
- September 20th – Raleigh, NC
- September 22nd – Miami, FL
- September 23rd – Jacksonville, FL
- September 27th – Sugar Land, TX
- September 28th – Irving, TX
- September 30th – Austin, TX
- October 3rd – San Diego, CA
- October 5th – Los Angeles, CA
- October 7th – Mountain View, CA
- October 10th – Seattle, WA
- October 11th – Vancouver, Canada